According to the classification of shareholders' rights, shares can be divided into common shares and preferred shares.
Common stock: shareholders of common stock have the right to attend or send representatives to attend the general meeting of shareholders to discuss major issues of the company, and have the following rights: 1 / voting right; 2 / income distribution right; 3 / asset distribution right; 4 / stock option (if the company issues new shares). In China, the stocks listed on Shanghai Stock Exchange and Shenzhen Stock Exchange are common stocks.
Preferred stock: the shareholders of preferred stock generally do not have the above rights, but they have priority in the distribution of profits and assets, which is inferior to the creditors.
The priority of preferred stock is mainly manifested in two aspects
(1) Dividend priority. The order of dividend distribution of joint-stock company is preferred stock first and common stock second. No matter how much profit a joint-stock company makes, as long as the general meeting of shareholders decides to distribute dividends, the preferred shares can receive dividends according to the predetermined dividend rate. Even if there is a general reduction or no dividend, the preferred shares should still distribute dividends.
(2) The priority of remaining assets distribution. When a joint-stock company dissolves or goes bankrupt, the preferred stock has the priority to distribute the remaining assets of the company. However, the priority to distribute the preferred stock is after the creditors and before the common stock. Only after paying off the debts of the company's creditors, when there are surplus assets, the preferred shares have the right to distribute the surplus assets. Only after the claim of preferred stock, the common stock will participate in the distribution.
According to the stock code can be divided into
1. The code of gem is the stock code starting with 300;
2. Shanghai A-share the code of Shanghai A-share is 600, 601 or 603;
3. Shanghai B-share the code of Shanghai B-share starts with 900;
4. Shenzhen A-share the code of Shenzhen A-share starts with 000;
5. The code of small and medium board starts with 002;
6. Shenzhen B-share the code of Shenzhen B-share starts with 200;
7. The code of new stock subscription in Shanghai stock market is 730, and the code of new stock subscription in Shenzhen stock market is the same as that of stock trading in Shenzhen stock market;
8. The allotment code is 700 in Shanghai, 080 in Shenzhen, 580 in Shanghai and 031 in Shenzhen.
9. The stocks at the beginning of 400 are the stocks in the third board market.